Eid al-Fitr Experience


All Muslim around the world have to celebrate Idul Fitri day. The big day where we celebrate after taking a month of fasting and praying to Allah. That special day will lead Muslim to joy and happiness, we forgive each other, gathering with bounch of family, share our story and teid up the relationship.

That morning was the feast of Eid al-Fitr 1439 H. I woke up early to prepare everything before following the Eid prayer at 07.00 am West Indonesian Time. After i had done the dawn prayer, taken bath, and had breakfast, I immediately went to the mosque with my family to do Eid al-Fitr prayer.

Eid prayer is a solemn moment and should be implemented by earnest. We were praying for five to ten minutes. After the prayer had completed, all the worshipers in the mosque were required to sit and listen to lectures. Lectures that delivered by the Islamic preacher aimed to motivate all Muslims to be able to become a better person after the month of Ramadhan.

Lecture proceeded for about ten minutes and we went home soon when the preacher had ended his talk. On the way home, my family and I met a lot of people and we shake hands with to be able to forgive each other.

After I got home, I went to the kitchen and ate delicious food while my parents, my sister, and my brother arranged the cake in the living room. I did not really care about it and more care about the food on the table. A few minutes later, neighbors came to the house for having the fellowship and I rushed into the living room to meet them.

My family and I also walk around the village to visit all neighbor. Then, we spent the whole day at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.
I really love spending my idul fitri day in grandma’s house. There will be a lot of family, a lot of delicious foods, and so much fun. In Indonesia we always eat south Sulawesi traditional food because we are from south sulawesi like burasa, coto Makassar, sop kondro opor ayam, sambal kentang, sayur labu, and ketupat in lebaran day. It’s kinda usual food that we would eat in lebaran day, it’s one of our culture in my big family.

And do not forget tradition who never passed when lebaran day namely handing THR. When every family is already assembled at grandma’s house and then aunt and uncle who are already working will give THR to his nephews. THR will thrown and all families are scramble take the THR. Some people fell, and encouraged but it’s very fun.
After that, we took pictures in order to make it a wonderful keepsake. That was my Eid al-Fitr.

Komentar